After you wipe the drool from your face, allow me to introduce to you to one of my all-time favorite meals. I’ve literally been eating this for dinner every night for the past two weeks and there’s no sign of stopping. I initially used this meatza recipe, but wanted to add some flair…specifically MEXICAN flair!
I am pretty close to the border…
Fajita Fiesta Meatza
(grain free, paleo)
20 oz. ground chicken breast (you could use any meat though)
1 egg white
1/4 cup-1/2 cup salsa
2 cups fajita vegetables (red/green bell peppers and onions)
Trader Joe’s 21 Seasoning Salute
Extra virgin coconut oil (or nonstick spray like Pam)
First, preheat oven to 400*F. Then follow these steps.
1. Mix meat, seasonings and eggs in a bowl until there are no clumps
2. Line a greased (with coconut oil or nonstick spray) pie pan or pizza pan with the meat mix and form a “crust” by pressing the center down and shaping the edges a little thicker.
3. Bake for 13-15 minutes or until slightly browned on the edges.
4. Take out and drain off liquid-goo. Spread on salsa in the “pit” area, avoiding the outer crust.
5. Add the fajita vegetables and press down into salsa.
6. Plop it back in the oven for another 10 minutes or until your kitchen begins to smell like a Mexican fiesta.
7. Serve it up!! I cut mine into either 4 or 6 slices, but it’s up to you!
It’s called a “fiesta” for a reason: your tastebuds will be PARTYING!!!
It tastes just like Chili’s fajitas, without the tortillas and guacamole that is haha I bet it would taste awesome with avocado on it though! Oh and just like its pizza relative, it’s DELICIOUS served cold
Feel free to add cheese, other veggies, or whatever you heart desires. That’s what’s so awesome about this meatza– it’s fully customizable! Hope you enjoy it as much as I have!
PS– Thanks SO much for all the support you guys have given me regarding progress! I don’t know how I can ever repay you!