The details about my training/nutrition/coach can be found by clicking here.
- Fatigue is tremendously lower– like we’re talkin non-existant.
- Alert, aware, and more focused in class and in general
- More vascular and “filled out” (from dem carbs haha)
- Digestive system is working like a fine-tuned machine– no bloating, cramps, or pain
- I don’t know if it’s because my relationship with God is getting stronger, or if it’s due to an easier semester, or a mix of both, but my stress levels have been strangely low. I don’t find myself worrying so much over each and every assignment for classes or about not being on the dot perfect with everything. And it made me realize how much time I wasted worrying during my freshman and sophomore year of college haha
- Feel more confident
- I totally think I was overtraining before when I was working out 6 days a week. My body has been bouncing back a lot better from workouts and with just one extra rest day, I feel refreshed and more amped for the next lift.
- Feel BADASS when I lift to this song (I LOVE IT)
- Started taking creatine monohydrate per my coach’s suggestion to help with recovery– it’s still too early to see any difference, but my soreness has gone down!
- I also changed my BCAA’s from Xtend to Dymatize Recoup. The amount of sodium in Xtend always made me psycho thirsty, so I had been wanting to try something new. So far, I LOVE it! The blue raspberry flavor is super nice AND it was like $10 cheaper than Xtend at Vitamin Shoppe haha I’ll probably type up a review about Recoup in the future once I see how my body responds.
- I’m realizing I sure didn’t know how to fuel my body correctly. Thank GOD for my coach. I wasn’t having NEARLY as many carbs as I should post or pre workout and holy cheesecakes can I feel a difference. Like, before, I would just have a medium sweet potato with a smidgen of sunflower seed butter and whey isolate after I lifted. I would crash like 30 mintes later and want to go to sleep. But on this new plan? I have an extra large sweet potato WITH a large banana and whey isolate and almond milk. I feel like a firework on the 4th of July aka amped all morning!
- I bought my first pumpkin of the season! Normally I’d just carve him, but I wanted to see what it tasted like baked…BETTER THAN A KABOCHA. (which is good since I can’t find any down here haha) Simply put, I died.
- Sweet potatoes the size of your head = most delicious fuel ever.
- This week, my coach wants an increase in carbs by 15g and fats by 2g– bring on the dried mango and PB!!
“We can expect seventy years, or maybe eighty, if we are healthy, but even our best years bring trouble and sorrow. Suddenly our time is up and we disappear…Teach us to use wisely all the time we have.” –Psalms 90:10,12
“When you are in trouble, call out to me. I will answer and be there to protect and honor you.” –Psalms 91:15
“The best thing we can do is to enjoy eating, drinking, and working. I believe these are God’s gifts to us.” –Ecclesiastes 2:24
“You surely know that your body is a temple where the Holy Spirit lives. The Spirit is in you and is a gift from God. You are no longer your own. God paid a great price for you. So use your body to honor God.” –1 Corinthians 6:19-20
“Jesus Christ never changes! He is the same yesterday, today, and forever.” –Hebrews 13:8
PS– I made a new page located under the progress page dedicated to this journey with a little background and such