I wasn’t planning on posting today, but last night, if you follow me in instagram (@zandra0212), I made the most freaking delicious dessert-y creation EVER.
Since I’m trying to branch out from falling under the umbrella of “strict paleo,” I randomly bought silken tofu the other day at Sprouts and thought I’d do some concocting. I’d never used tofu before, so I was kinda scared…
I guess I must’ve done something to please the kitchen gods because this was the epitome of deliciousness!!
around 200g silken (soft) tofu
3/4 scoop casein protein
2 tbsp. peanut flour
vanilla flavored stevia
nut butter of choice (I used Mara Natha sunflower seed butter)
1. Put tofu chunks in a tupperware bowl (or any bowl really, just one that’s good for mixing)
2. Smash up the tofu with a spoon until it’s soft. It would probably come out smoother/less chunky with a mini hand mixer, but I had to deal with my lack of resources in an apartment kitchen…this isn’t food network after all
3. Add in peanut flour and casein and stir well. You may have to add a splash of water based on the consistency you desire. (more water–more runny)
4. Stick your mix in the freezer for 30 minutes to an hour. Freezers tend to vary, so I’d say check until it gets semi-hard.
5. Smash up the semi-frozen gloop with your spoon, add in desired amount of stevia and mix. Then, top it with your favorite nut butter, and tell that bad boy to get in your belly!
I loved this SO much!!! Great alternative if you’re tired of greek yogurt or cottage cheese. What was super tasty–huge frozen chunks formed and they’d add a bit of a crunch/brain freeze mwahaha
Have a GREAT Wednesday everyone and be sure to check out all the awesome eats/recipes/ideas over at Jenn’s What I Ate Wednesday party!
What’s your favorite way to use tofu? Do you prefer the soft or firm kind? (haha it sounds like I’m asking about mattresses )