Good morning and happy Labor day everyone! This begins my series of progress posts on my new plan of action.
I’m thinking of calling it: ”Reflections.” Thoughts??
What the progress posts include:
- Favorite meals
- Occasional progress pictures
- Noteworthy Bible verses
- Raw truth
What they won’t include:
I’m going to add all of these posts under my progress page.
Now that that’s outta the way, let’s get on with it, shall we??
Even though it’s only been a week since I started, I’m getting a sense of the good that’s on the horizon.
- You might as well start calling me Ezekielandra. My body is CRAVING that bread. I’ve had it 2 times a day for the entire past week. I think I’m gonna have to start buying like 4,000,000 loaves at a time if I want to avoid impromtu grocery trips 24/7. My wallet may not be so happy about that decision though.
- My body has also been craving eggs. I honestly want them for every meal of the day in any way shape or form! I guess there’s some random nutrient in them my body is soaking up.
- I was getting burnt out with sweet potatoes and sunflower seed butter in my post workout shakes, so I started to have bananas and peanut butter instead. Verdict– AMAZING. So far so good!
- Set a new squat PR of 145 lbs for reps on Friday!
- More energy, but more doms too
- Not relying as heavily on pre-workout supplements
- I did break my no cardio rule last Wednesday though– I had a 3 hour break on campus, had already finished all my homework, and was bored to tears, so I went to the rec center and watched Price is Right while riding a stationary bike for 40 minutes. BUT I’m not gonna get all worked up about deviating a bit from the plan because it was fun!
- Not thinking about food as much because I’m more satiated
- It’s been kind of hard to overcome the stinkin thinkin of having starchy carbs at dinner– I was always so influenced by the media on that one and it annoys the poop out of me. Still working on it, but getting stronger.
- Less thirsty– I don’t find myself guzzling a crap ton of water like I did before
- Less bony looking, like my muscles seem fuller? After reading this article, I think it’s the glycogen from carbs
- My hair is still kinda nasty and thin (I think that’ll take awhile to recover from stupid O-chem induced stress)
- More mental focus/awareness
- Felt extremely close to God
Let me expand a bit on the last one– when I read the Bible pre-workout, I usually just flip open to a random page and read. Well, EACH AND EVERY TIME IT HAS BEEN A VERSE THAT STRONGLY RELATES TO MY SITUATION.
Check it out…
- “Some of you accuse others of doing wrong. But there is no excuse for what you do. When you judge others, you condemn yourselves, because you are guilty of doing the very same things.” -Romans 2:1
- “What will you gain, if you own the whole world but destroy yourself?” -Matthew 16:26
- “You know that many runners enter a race, and only one of them wins the prize. So run to win!” -1 Cor. 9:24
- “But food doesn’t bring us any closer to God. We are no worse off if we don’t eat, and we are no better off if we do.” -1 Cor. 8:8
- “Don’t spend all of your time thinking about eating or drinking or worrying about life. If you do, the final day will suddenly catch you like a trap.” -Luke 21:34-35
Amazing doesn’t even begin to describe it! God’s Word never fails to kickstart my day into awesomeness overdrive.
Okay now time for some pics!!
I realize it’s still early and that this journey won’t always be hunky dory, but I have to cherish the positives any chance I can get, eh?
Well I guess that’s about it from me– I’m off to go enjoy this three day weekend and go exploring