Well, at 11 am I take my o-chem cumulative final. AHH I’M SO READY AND SO EXCITED TO ALMOST BE FINISHED WITH CHEMISTRY FOREVER!!!!!!!!
Let’s get to the recipe shall we?
This was totally inspired by my mom– she wanted to try some of Steve’s Original Krunch cereal, but didn’t want to pay for shipping and all that. SO in my free time from studying, I decided to try to make a “paleo-friendly” cereal.
UMM Let’s just say it turned out to be a HUGE success!!!
Caveman Crunch Cereal
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
1/2 cup raw honey
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup crumbled pecans and hazlenuts (you can choose whatever nut you want though)
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup almond meal
2 cups slivered almond pieces
1 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
1. Preheat oven to 325* F
2. Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
3. Mix all wet ingredients in a large bowl and pour dry into wet slowly.
4. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick spray.
5. Pour mixture onto sheet and pat down flat.
6. Bake in oven for about 10 minutes, take it out and shake it around a bit.
7. Put it back in the oven for another 5-10 minutes, or until it’s brown and toasty
8. Cool and store in an air-tight container!
9. Try not to devour it all in one sitting.
It tastes nutty, delicious, and has a great crunchy texture! Big chunks sometimes form from the coconut oil, so you may have to hand crumble it. Feel free to experiment with other variations of nuts and seeds, or add in cinnamon or other seasonings. It’s amazing with almond milk and is guaranteed to make your kitchen have a smell that Willy Wonka himself would be jealous of.
Random bullet point updates:
- After my test, we’re going out to dinner at Whole Foods to celebrate! Since the stress from this class has unfortunately caused me to lose some weight, I’m thinking my dinner is gonna include a LEGIT pint of ice cream haha NO SHAME!
- For the first time in 10 weeks, I won’t be studying this weekend!
- I have a buttload of organizing and packing to do since I move down to Corpus Christi next weekend. I can’t believe it’s already here! And I have to buy a washer and dryer from a local discount store and somehow fit it in my already monsoon-like room. I’m SO excited, but not so much for cramming my junk into boxes…
- After being inspired by the Olympics, my dad and I are going to a track this weekend to time ourselves for 100m sprints haha
- I still want to find a legit trainer when I move– more on that in a future post
- and the biggest news….I’M ADOPTING A CAT!!!
I really wanted a companion in my apartment with me when I move, and I just couldn’t fathom leaving a dog alone while I’m at class, so my parents are letting me get a cat at a local shelter! I can’t wait to see them all and pick out a winner!!! I already have a name chosen…but we’ll keep that a surprise when I introduce him to you ;)
Well, I’m off to go do some last-minute cramming. Hope everyone has a MARVELOUS weekend ahead, I can’t wait to catch up on your blogs and finally have some FUN!!!
What’s your all-time favorite cereal? As a kid, mine was Corn Flakes or Life (I guess I was a health freak then too haha), but now I think I’d have to go with Trader Joe’s fiber cereal…even though I’ve only had it a few times
Any exciting weekend plans?